Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Building Trust

Ever optimistic in the face of negativity
Is nowhere in the realm of possibility.
Even strong believers in the art of living positive
Are oft beset by inward feelings of their inability
To carry out their altruistic goals.

When I think that all my life, I tried so hard to please my wife
While wrestling with my gay side all the time.
I am amazed that I survived and lived to write this little verse
To illustrate the point--you can be you.

If you trust your inner self to be what you were born to be
Regardless of what others think, you’ll find yourself okay.

Some men think that they can’t be the person they were born to be
And strap themselves so tight that they can’t breathe.
Until their savior comes along, gives them a part, sings them a song,
And points them at themselves--Hip, hip, hoorah!

When Emerson said, “Trust thyself, “ he plucked man’s inner iron string
And played a melody not played before.
So trust yourself and play your tune,
The world will someday come into focus
And applaud your worth for being you.

1 comment:

  1. well said, my friend. I certainly identify with your feelings.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete