Sunday, December 19, 2010

At Sea with Thom

I have never considered myself an avid cruise ship traveler, but then I have only done three cruises: one to Greece and the Greek isles; one around the Mediterranean starting and ending in Rome; and this last one in the Caribbean (St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Barbados, Granada, Tobago, Aruba and Curacao) from which I just returned yesterday. I learned on this trip that it is not so much where you go but with whom you are traveling. The Caribbean islands, although each has unique qualities to offer, become pretty much of a jumble of scenic memories. It was my traveling companions -- eleven of them, all from Kenosha, Wisconsin -- who made this adventure at sea on the Celebrity Constitution most memorable.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I have been checking to see when you were to return. It is cold in Boone to put it mildly. We are buried in snow and have been for the past 2 weeks. Memories of last year winter. A caribean cruise sounds good to me right now. Glad you enjoyed the cruise or at least your cruising companions.

    ReplyDelete