Friday, December 3, 2010

Kyi (piano) versus Palin (forte)

[If you do not remember the reason why the piano is formally known as a pianoforte, it was the first instrument of its type to be able to be played both soft and loud.]

Here I go political again. With the release from house arrest of human rights advocate, Suu Kyi, I can't help but compare her to our Tea Party leader, Sarah Palin. What a difference. Ms. Kyi is a political force who is most often compared to Ghandi, one of the most non-agressive leaders in world history. While Sarah is Tweeting, Ms. Kyi is speaking in a mild manner, offering peace to both the people of Burma and to the military junta that imprisoned her for seven years. I wonder what would happen if Sarah Palin were put under house arrest for seven years. Of course, that wouldn't stop her Tweeting, but perhaps it would mollify her strident "Mama Grizzly" manner and mouthing off at Fox News. Certainly, Sarah Palin could learn a lesson in positive imagery from the likes of Suu Kyi.

Readers, I am going to be away from my computer for the next two weeks. I'll miss you, but I need a break. This "break" will take place on many of the islands in the Caribbean, a location I have never visited. I will, of course, have much about which to write when I return as I will definitely keep my journal during the trip. Be patient with me. I expect to publish again on December 19, the day after I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment