Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Seniority

I feel my age, and look it too,
I love to spend time telling you
About the weather or the news
That doesn't always fit your views.

I don't go out much, so have time
to think about the days when I'm
most happy as I go my way --
Although some days may pass real slow.

When evening comes, I yearn for bed,
To have a pillow neath my head
And dreams to aid my need to have
adventures without rest.

Then soon the night is over and
it's time to face a new
day in the line of them that started
oh so many years ago.

My routine doesn't change a lot--
I read, I walk, I pay the bills,
And hope today some person will
See me, a smile upon my face,
And know I have kept the faith.

1 comment:

  1. very thoughtful, Thom.
    For me, so far, retirement is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete