Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sounding Off

I love music. I l love sound! Most people go to the movies to see the movie. Me, I go primarily to hear the movie. When stereo first came out, the only way to hear it on the radio was to have both an AM and an FM radio. One channel would be broadcast on AM; the other, on FM. Wow, stereophonic sound. I've never lost my interest and enthusiasm in discrete sounds coming out of two or more speakers. Next surround sound came on the scene with two different versions: 5.1 surround sound and dts, the epitome of surround sound. Now that I have a Blu-Ray player for viewing and and a surround sound system for hearing my DVD movies and shows, I am satisfied to stay home for my "Hollywood" entertainment. I have Bose speakers and a 42 inch Sony TV rear projection screen on which to view movies. The fact that I can own a movie still amazes me: "Gone With The Wind," "The Wizard of Oz," etc. I have just recently bought a Magnavox recorder that will dub VHS tapes to DVD. I am astounded at the quality and have begun to transfer some of my old videotapes, many of which are movies taped from TV, onto DVD's. I'm glad I'm alive and living in this electronic age with what I consider to be 3-D sound.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree, my friend. I'm always excited to hear what's on the horizon in Technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised to learn that your t.v. was rearprojection....I thought it was either a plazma or LCD (?) Are they the same?

    ReplyDelete