Monday, August 16, 2010

Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles

I'm not sure whether or not I believe in miracles. I used to joke about "minor miracles," a radio that starts working again suddenly or something like that. I believe that Jesus must have done miraculous things as people were amazed at him. I don't feel a need to try to explain miracles away, but I have asked myself, "Why would God go against the rules of Nature which He has created?" Regardless, there are things that appear to be miraculous. Everyone has read about someone who has incurable cancer that disappears miraculously. The school bus that dangled precipitously over the washed out bridge in Minnesota could be called a miraculous event. A child surviving a plane crash is frequently described as a miracle. One day here at my house, I saw something that amazed me. The phenomenon occurred in my living room where I have an overhead fan and a skylight. I walked into the living room and saw what appeared to be a miracle. It has never happened again, but it was indeed amazing, and I'm so glad my curiosity caused me to photograph it. (This photograph has not been altered in any way.)

1 comment: