Saturday, October 9, 2010

Her Big Brothers

My children are the joy of my life -- Boh, Todd, and Robin. Boh has been involved in music most of his life. Todd, while also musical, has not had some of the breaks his brother has had and has, for the most part, had a regular job and played music on the side. Both boys began working musically in the Christian music community and eventually moved into secular music. Boh's big break came when he connected with Peter Cetera, former lead singer with the music group, Chicago. He began to do concerts with Cetera which eventually resulted in his auditioning with David Foster who is a friend of Peter Cetera. Boh's keyboard skills were strong enough that he was hired by Foster and did six concerts with him. Since then, he has been playing for both Cetera and Foster. Later this month, he will do an Asian tour with Foster. Recently, Boh learned that the Alan Parsons Project was looking for a saxaphone player and vocalist. Enter Todd, the younger son. This connection happened only a few weeks ago, and the next thing I knew Todd was on YouTube singing and playing with Alan Parsons. My daughter, Robin, who is not a musician, recently sent me an e-mail cheering on her brothers. My joy is vicariously enjoying music through them as they accomplish things in music that I only dreamed about.

2 comments:

  1. one of the joys of being a parent is when your children exceed you in life. I think until they may be parents themselves they won't realize how much that pleases us. I've been fortunate to experience that. It is a great satisfaction. I know how you must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are so proud of your children and rightfully so. You get credit for starting them on piano. They have done extremely well. I am also very proud of all 3 of my children. They all have done well and have lovely families, good jobs and Blessed me with 2 beautiful grandchildren. All I miss is Wes. Congratulations to Todd.

    ReplyDelete