Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Star over Perry, GA

I beat my brother to the draw on having grandchildren so had the grandparents all to myself for a while. However, when his first was born, Jackie Junior, my brother became the claimant for the greatest child ever born to humanity. He wrote about, called me about, exaggerated about, went on and on about his son, JJ. It was almost Messianic. After hearing so much about this marvel, we decided to make a trip to Georgia to visit the blessed parents. Just prior to our visit, Joe and Mary Lou Millard, the proud grandparents, had driven up to see this child. It was the first time we had spent time with my brother and his family in their new home so, when we walked in, the first thing Jackie said was, "Did you have any trouble finding the house?" I replied, "No, we just followed the star." He immediately jumped in with, "Good, Joseph and Mary have been here and just left." Joe and Mary Lou probably never knew how well they set up the ending for this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment