Friday, July 30, 2010

Instant Success

As I grow older, I become more and more a creature of habit. My mornings are pretty much prescribed. I hit the floor, thank God for the day, turn on the computer and head for the kitchen to create my morning cup of coffee. I have been buying my instant coffee at Save-A-Lot for years (my daughter says I'm the last of the instant coffee drinkers). The process involves pouring one bag of Splenda into my Scarlett O'Hara mug (given to me by my son), adding one good shake of powdered cream, carefully measuring one level teaspoon of sugar and finally adding one heaping teaspoon of instant McDaniel's. When I finished my ministrations one morning recently, I ended up with a topless sugar bowl. That was strange. It had always worked before. As I retraced my steps, I realized something had gone terribly awry in my routine process. Reader, I'll let you figure out where I had flubbed. It gave me a good laugh with which to start my day.

3 comments:

  1. Had you planned to sip the sugar? Or perhaps were you trying to keep the coffee hot?
    I am still singing New York New York. However I am singing it in my head so only I can hear it and appreciate how I sound just like Liza. (that's all in my head too) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we are all victims of routines as we get older or perhaps when we don't have better things to do or maybe have more time in our hands. Regardless the reason I have my own routine. I get up and like you thank God for another day, then I proceed to the kitchen where I check my blood pressure and blood sugar and enter the results on my logs. That done I start taking my medications which I take through the day. Then I call the credit union to check my balance and what checks have been paid, that done I start writing in my journal. Most of my day is spent checking B/P's and B/S's. I don't eat breakfast and only drink coffee if my son comes by and makes 2 cups one for each of us. Months goes by without me drinking any coffee.

    I love your red tea kettle and your Scarlett O'hara mug, she looks good modeling the sugar bowl cover,ha. I am happy to report that we had a cool day so no fans running today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mug too! For years I had a Scarlett O'Hara poster on my wall above my bed. She moved from dorm room to numerous apartment walls, until I finally had to give her up. Even though now above my bed is some frou-frou painting (which might kill me dead if it ever falls), I still miss the ol' gal every now & again. :)
    Jana

    ReplyDelete