Monday, November 8, 2010

DST

The transition from DST to traditional time always throws me more than the inverse which occurs in the spring. I don't know why, but I lose time better than I gain time. Saturday night, I went to bed at 10:15, my regular bedtime. However, with the time changing during the night, I actually went to bed an hour early. I had trouble going to sleep, which is most unusual for me. I remember hearing the chiming clock in the living room at 10:30 and tossed and turned a while even after that. Yesterday morning when I awoke, I looked at the bedside digital clock which I had changed to regular time before I went to bed. It read 4:25 (35 minutes before I usually get up). Between then and 5:00, I probably looked at that clock ten times, determined not to arise before the magical 5:00. When I finally heard the 5:00 chime, I rolled out of bed, thanked God for the day (as is my custom), and realized that I didn't feel my usual energetic self. In fact, I felt as though I had been beaten up. Hopefully, before long I will readjust to the change and get a good night's sleep. I think I would prefer staying on DST all year.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on that. I don't like DST either. I like it when at 9pm we still have some day light. When it changes it is very depressing to me. I usually changed the clocks before I go to bed and this time fell asleep and didn't realize I had not done it until 13:00 hours on sunday so I missed a show I watch at 10:30 with this doctor Rosenfeld. He gives excellent advise. Cannot wait until spring to spring forward.

    ReplyDelete