Sunday, November 28, 2010

Two Heads

When I was in the Navy, the word for bathroom was "head." I hadn't thought of that term in a long time, but today it seems approrpriate. Although I live alone, I live in a home with two bathrooms (thank goodness) -- "my" bathroom and a guest bathroom. Last week, the toilet in my bathroom began to leak water. I immediately shut off the water, removed the top and decided that, although I am notoriously un-handy, I could repair it. The more I "repaired," the worse it got. By that time, the solution seemed to be to check out the process on Google. Google gave me the information I needed -- a new float regulator, which could be found at any hardware store. Home Depot became my destination where I found exactly what I needed for only $10.99. Armed with my new contraption, I headed to the bathroom and found that the floater that was in place would have to be cut off and removed. Because of the limited space in my bathroom, the removal wasn't so easy, but I finally accomplished that task. The next task was to figure out from the directions how the new one had to be installed. The directions were "in Greek" and were not deciphered until I got a friend over who knew as little about plumbling as I did. However, he figured out one thing; I figured out another. Now I have two working bathrooms again. Two heads are better than one now has dual meanings at my house.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny. For the longest time at work and recording on the charts, I was still using the words head, sick call, chow hall and many more until it was called to my attention that I was not in the Navy anymore. Bad habits are hard to break after 10 years of Navy lingo.

    ReplyDelete